Bacon Wrapped Avocado w/ Pico de Gallo + Burrata Cheese
A fresh dish to enjoy on your own or share as a start to any meal.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 10 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 whole avocado
- 4 slices
- 1 egg
- Soft Boiled Egg
- 3 oz. / 84 g
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 oz. / 28 g
- Burrata Cheese
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml
- Olive Oil
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, remove enough avocado flesh from each side so that the soft boiled egg will fit in side once you put the avocado back together.
- Remove the skin from avocado and place the soft boiled egg inside of the avocado. Close the avocado.
- Wrap the now stuffed avocado with the slices of bacon ensuring all of the green flesh is covered.
- Place the olive oil into a non-stick sauté pan and allow it to heat. Place the bacon wrapped avocado into the olive oil and start crisping the bacon. Rotate the avocado in the pan until all sides of the avocado are nice and crisp.
- Once the avocado has crisped, remove it from the pan and place onto paper towel to drain prior to serving.
- Place the pico de gallo neatly on to the plate. Arrange the burrata cheese in and around the pico de gallo.
- Place the crisp avocado onto the plate beside the pico de gallo and burrata cheese.
- The avocado should be cut at the table so that the soft boiled egg can run out of the avocado onto the plate.