Crispy Cauliflower Bites
Snack on this veggie-boosted alternative to chicken wings at your next get together.
- Prep time: 19 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Calories 180
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 13 g
- Sodium 530 mg
- Potassium* 500 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 6 cup / 1.5 l
- cauliflower florets (about 1/2 large head)
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml
- each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml
- each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml
- Naturegg Simply Egg Whites, well shaken
- 1 cup / 250 ml
- panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup / 175 ml
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Blanch cauliflower florets for 3 minutes in large pot of boiling, salted water. Transfer to an ice bath; drain well.
- Stir flour with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk egg whites until very fluffy in a separate bowl. Combine panko and Parmesan in a third bowl.
- Toss damp cauliflower with flour mixture to coat. Transfer to egg whites and toss to coat. Transfer in batches to the crumb mixture to coat; arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly coat cauliflower with olive oil spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or until golden.
- Serve immediately, garnished as desired, with preferred dipping sauce.
- Serve cauliflower with warm marinara, salsa, Ranch or Caesar-style dressing or another favourite dipping sauce.
- Cauliflower can be deep fried in a counter top fryer. Preheat fryer to 350°F (180°C). Add cauliflower in batches and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Coated cauliflower can be reserved on baking sheets in the refrigerator for 2 days.