Flattened Fiesta Egg WrapBurnbrae Farms
A fun and satisfying handheld breakfast sandwich loaded with all the best Tex Mex flavours.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 4 min
- Calories 510
- Fat 25 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 245 mg
- Carbohydrate 50 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 20 g
- Sodium 980 mg
- Potassium* 160 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 flour tortilla (10-inch/25 cm)
- flour tortilla (10-inch/25 cm)
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL prepared refried beans
- prepared refried beans
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 / 65 g (or 58 g) Burnbrae Farms Plain Egg or Egg White Patty, thawed
- Burnbrae Farms Plain Egg or Egg White Patty, thawed
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Nacho Cheese Sauce (prepared or see Advanced Preparation below)
- Nacho Cheese Sauce (prepared or see Advanced Preparation below)
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL each chopped green onion and diced tomato
- each chopped green onion and diced tomato
- Garnishes: Sour cream, salsa and guacamole (optional)
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole (optional)
- Spread tortilla with refried beans, leaving a 2-inch (5 cm) border around edge. Sprinkle with cheese and top with egg patty. Spread patty with cheese sauce; sprinkle with green onion and tomatoes. Fold in one-third edge of tortilla; continue folding, overlapping edges, making 6 pinwheel-style folds in total to enclose filling.
- Press wrap in a sandwich press for 4 minutes or until toasted (alternately, cook under a weight on a grill, turning once). Serve with garnishes on the side (if using).
- Batches of wraps can be assembled and wrapped and stored in refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Add a "crunch" layer by topping the patty with a large tortilla chip and 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra grated Cheddar cheese along with the onion and tomato. (Serve assembled sandwich immediately as chips get soggy when held.)
- Add a layer of crumbled taco-seasoned beef, cooked bacon or sausage for a more indulgent breakfast wrap.
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 can / 354 mL
- evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL
- 8 oz / 250 g
- old Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL
- canned diced green chilies
- Whisk evaporated milk with cornstarch in saucepan. Bring to a simmer; gradually stir in cheese until smooth and melted. Remove from heat; stir in chilies. Reserve in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 2 cups (500 mL).
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.