Japanese Style Fried Rice OmelettesBurnbrae Farms
Inspired by a Japanese street food called Omurice, this unique presentation makes serving fried rice an event!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Makes: 1 main course serving or 2 to 4 side dish servings
- Cook time: 5 min
- Calories 580
- Fat 34 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 420 mg
- Carbohydrate 44 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 24 g
- Sodium 690 mg
- Potassium* 320 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL vegetable oil
- vegetable oil
- 2 cups / 500 mL Chicken Fried Rice (see Advance Preparation below)
- Chicken Fried Rice (see Advance Preparation below)
- 3 tbsp / 45 mL Spicy Ketchup (see Advance Preparation below)
- Spicy Ketchup (see Advance Preparation below)
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL water
- 1 green onion, sliced
- green onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup / 175 g Burnbrae Farms Liquid Whole Eggs, well shaken
- Burnbrae Farms Liquid Whole Eggs, well shaken
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL softened salted butter, divided
- softened salted butter, divided
- Optional Garnishes: Additional Spicy Ketchup, sliced avocado, sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds
- Additional Spicy Ketchup, sliced avocado, sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in small skillet or on a flat grill set over medium heat; add chicken fried rice, tossing until heated through. Stir in Spicy Ketchup and water until well combined. Remove from heat. Stir in green onion. Pack into a small, greased 2 cup (500 mL) metal prep bowl. Invert serving plate over top and reserve while preparing omelette.
- Whisk eggs with half the butter until butter is broken into small pieces. Melt remaining butter in an 8-inch (15 cm) skillet set over medium heat. Add eggs; cook stirring for 1 minute or until egg forms soft curds. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until just set (top should still be curd-like).
- Turn fried rice onto serving plate and carefully slide omelette over rice to cover. Garnish with additional Spicy Ketchup, sliced avocado (if using), green onion and sesame seeds.
- Replace chicken with ground pork.
- Chicken Fried Rice
- 1/3 cup / 75 mL
- vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 lb / 1.25 kg
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 cups / 1 l
- finely shredded green cabbage
- large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- onions, diced
- 12 cups / 3 l
- cooked medium grain rice
- Spicy Ketchup
- 2 cups / 500 mL
- tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL
- soy sauce
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL
- each Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar and granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL
- Sriracha or another hot sauce (or to taste)
- Chicken Fried Rice: Heat oil on flat grill or in two large woks; add chicken and cook until no pink remains. Add cabbage, carrots and onions; sauté until golden. Stir in rice until well coated. Spread on a tray to cool. Reserve in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Makes 20 cups (5 L) rice or 10 portions.
- Spicy Ketchup: Blend all ingredients and reserve in squeeze bottles for up to 1 week. Makes 3 cups (750 mL).
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.