Lemon Goat Cheese CupcakesBurnbrae Farms
The creamy-tangy 'surprise' frosting and lovely moist texture will make these lovely cupcakes a real crowd-pleaser.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Makes: 18 Cupcakes
- Cook time: 20 min
- Calories 320
- Fat 15 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Carbohydrate 42 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 31 g
- Protein 4 g
- Sodium 220 mg
- Potassium* 75 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 3/4 cup / 425 mL all-purpose flour
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL cornstarch
- 1 cup / 250 mL granulated sugar
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp / 5 mL baking powder
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp / 1 mL each baking soda and salt
- each baking soda and salt
- 3/4 cup / 175 mL softened butter
- softened butter
- 1/3 cup / 75 mL sour cream
- sour cream
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL milk
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL Naturegg Simply Egg Whites, well shaken
- Naturegg Simply Egg Whites, well shaken
- 2 tsp / 10 mL each vanilla extract and finely grated lemon zest
- each vanilla extract and finely grated lemon zest
- Lemon Syrup
- 1/4 cup / 10 mL granullated sugar
- granullated sugar
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL each lemon juice and water
- each lemon juice and water
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL softened butter
- softened butter
- 4 oz / 125 g softened goat cheese
- softened goat cheese
- 3 cup / 750 mL icing sugar
- icing sugar
- 1 tsp / 5 mL each finely grated lemon zest and juice
- each finely grated lemon zest and juice
- 1 tsp / 5 mL vanilla extract
- vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cupcakes: Line 18 muffin cups with large paper liners. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift flour and cornstarch into mixer. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix on low to combine.
- Add butter and sour cream; beat on low for 1 minute. Gradually beat in milk, egg whites, vanilla and lemon zest just until evenly combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill cupcake liners half full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes back clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; transfer to a rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lemon Syrup: Meanwhile, combine sugar, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- While cupcakes are still warm, use a skewer to poke several holes in each and brush liberally with warm lemon syrup. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Beat butter for 3 minutes or until very pale and fluffy. Beat in goat cheese. Gradually beat in icing sugar, beating on low until combined. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and salt; beat on high for 2 to 3 minute or until very fluffy. Chill for 15 minutes. Pipe or use a spatula to frost cupcakes. Makes about 3 cups (750 ml) frosting.
- Reserve prepared cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.