Loaded Baked Potato Scramble BowlBurnbrae Farms
The ultimate comfort food breakfast fix for a hungry diner.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 0 min
- Calories 650
- Fat 48 g
- Saturated Fat 18 g
- Cholesterol 706 mg
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 35 g
- Sodium 1040 mg
- Potassium* 830 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 tsp / 10 mL each vegetable oil and butter, divided
- each vegetable oil and butter, divided
- 3/4 cup / 175 mL Prestige Ultra™ Liquid Whole Egg
- Prestige Ultra™ Liquid Whole Egg
- 3/4 cup / 175 mL chopped baked potato with skin (about 1/2 medium Russet potato)
- chopped baked potato with skin (about 1/2 medium Russet potato)
- 1/4 cup / 60 mL chopped cooked bacon (about 2 slices)
- chopped cooked bacon (about 2 slices)
- 1/4 cup / 60 mL shredded Cheddar cheese
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL sour cream
- sour cream
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped green onion
- Heat half the oil and butter in a small skillet set over medium-low heat; add eggs and softly scramble until just about set (about 2 minutes).
- Meanwhile, crisp baked potatoes on the flat top or in a separate skillet until golden. Add potatoes to scrambled eggs and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer egg mixture to a serving bowl and top with bacon, Cheddar, sour cream and green onions.
- Customize and add colour to bowls with additional vegetable toppings such as blanched broccoli spears, diced peppers, corn, sautéed mushrooms etc.
- Make this a steakhouse breakfast bowl by topping with sliced cooked steak and a drizzle of steak sauce.
- Bake potatoes at 350F (180C) for 60 minutes or until fork tender and skin is crisp. Cool to room temperature and roughly chop. Reserve in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Bake bacon on a rack on a rimmed baking sheet at 350F (180C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp; cool and chop. Reserve in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Step by Step Scramble Bowls
Scramble BaseScrambled Prestige Ultra Liquid Whole Egg and crispy baked potato
Topping Layer 1Add crumbled cooked bacon
Topping Layer 2Add blanched broccoli and diced red pepper
Optional GarnishShredded Parmesan, green onions and balsamic drizzle
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.