Maple Bacon & Brussels Sprouts FrittataBurnbrae Farms
This tasty frittata cooks up quickly when you need a last minute brunch or lunch option.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Makes: 8 serving
- Cook time: 13 min
- Calories 310
- Fat 25 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 375 mg
- Carbohydrate 6 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 17 g
- Sodium 500 mg
- Potassium* 250 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL each butter and olive oil
- each butter and olive oil
- 2 cup / 500 mL shredded Brussels sprouts
- shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL chopped Maple Glaze Bacon (see tip) or regular cooked bacon
- chopped Maple Glaze Bacon (see tip) or regular cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL chopped green onion
- chopped green onion
- 3 cup / 750 mL Egg Creations Whole Eggs Original, well shaken
- Egg Creations Whole Eggs Original, well shaken
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL full fat plain yogurt (at least 5% or higher)
- full fat plain yogurt (at least 5% or higher)
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Dijon mustard
- Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tbsp / 1 mL each ground nutmeg, salt and pepper
- each ground nutmeg, salt and pepper
- 1 1/3 cup / 325 mL grated white Cheddar cheese, divided
- grated white Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat butter and oil in a large cast iron or oven-proof skillet set over medium heat. Add sprouts and sauté for 2 minutes or until lightly wilted. Stir in maple glazed bacon and green onion.
- Whisk eggs with yogurt, mustard, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup (250 ml) cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over skillet; cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to oven; bake for 8 minutes or until slightly jiggly in very centre. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover skillet with a lid or foil and let stand 5 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- For Maple-Glazed Bacon: arrange 16 slices bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes. Brush with 4 tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is browned and sticky. Cool completely before chopping.
- To rewarm frittata wedges: Heat in the microwave on High for 60 to 90 seconds or until warmed through.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.