Mushroom, Bacon & Egg Patty Melts
Instead of burger night, serve this hearty, inside-out sandwich and you'll satisfy your hungriest eater!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 6 min
- Calories 600
- Fat 36 g
- Saturated Fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 285 mg
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 30 g
- Sodium 990 mg
- Potassium* 300 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- cooked bacon (optional)
- slice Cheddar or Swiss cheese, divided
- brioche-style or regular hamburger buns
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml
- softened butter
- EGG Bakes! Cheddar, Mushroom and Bacon Quiche
- each dried thyme, salt and pepper
- 2 tsp / 10 ml
- each Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup / 75 ml
- thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz / 227 g
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp / 10 ml
- vegetable oil
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in the vegetable oil in large skillet(s) for 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, Worcestershire, Dijon, thyme, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, heat Egg Bakes! Quiche according to package directions (in batches as needed).
- Butter buns. Place one bun-half buttered-side-down on a griddle or in a large nonstick skillet. Layer bun as follows: 1 slice cheese, bacon (if using), warm quiche, 1/4 of the mushroom mixture and remaining cheese. Cap with bun-half, buttered-side-up. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches.
- Grill, pressing firmly with spatula or grill press for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until toasted and cheese is melted.
- Replace the Egg Bakes! Cheddar, Mushroom & Bacon with Egg Bakes! Spinach, Ricotta & Caramelized Onion or Garden Vegetable flavours.