O Canada Breakfast WrapsBurnbrae Farms
We all think maple when considering classic Canadian ingredients but did you know that Canada produces most of the world's mustard seed? Offset the sweetness of the sauce in this wrap with earthy kale, a hearty green that stands up to our cooler climate!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Makes: 4
- Cook time: 15 min
- Calories 610
- Fat 27 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 405 mg
- Carbohydrate 58 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 37 g
- Sodium 1460 mg
- Potassium* 500 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL each of grainy mustard and maple syrup
- each of grainy mustard and maple syrup
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL tomato ketchup
- tomato ketchup
- 8 slices of peameal bacon (lower sodium preferred)
- slices of peameal bacon (lower sodium preferred)
- 2 tsp / 10 mL each of canola oil and butter
- each of canola oil and butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup / 375 mL Prestige Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs, well shaken
- Prestige Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs, well shaken
- 1 pinch pepper (or to taste)
- pepper (or to taste)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- large flour tortillas
- 4 slices, aged Canadian cheddar cheese, Baby kale or spinach leaves sliced tomatoes
- slices, aged Canadian cheddar cheese, Baby kale or spinach leaves sliced tomatoes
- Blend mustard with maple syrup; divide into two equal portions. Blend ketchup into one portion and set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high and arrange rack in the highest position. Spread peameal out on a lightly greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining mustard-maple mixture. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large skillet set over medium-low heat; pour in eggs. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes without stirring; continue cooking, using spatula to draw eggs from outer edge into centre, until it forms soft, just-set curds. Season with pepper.
- Lay tortillas out on 4 serving plates. Top with a cheese, kale and tomatoes; divide peameal and scrambled eggs between tortillas. Roll up to enclose. Serve with maple mustard ketchup on the side.
- Wraps can be made ahead and reheated in a panini press or in a skillet under a weighted lid.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.