Scrambled Egg Breakfast Nachos
- Makes: 4 servings
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 cups / 500 mL
- Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Egg, well shaken
- Smoked sausages, sliced
- 1 bag / 300 g
- Regular or whole wheat tortilla chips
- 1 cup / 250 mL
- Old cheddar or Tex Mex blend cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay nacho chips on a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the sausages and set aside. In another pan, lightly scramble the eggs till still a bit runny.
- Remove nacho chips from oven and top with sausage slices and scrambled eggs . Return to the oven and cook for 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted and chips are slightly toasty. Divide into portions and serve with toppings on the side.
- Sliced jalapenos, sliced green onions, halved cherry tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and hot sauce.