Smokehouse Egg White WrapBurnbrae Farms
Egg whites aren't boring in this boldly flavoured hot sandwich.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 5 min
- Calories 520
- Fat 23 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 20 mg
- Carbohydrate 46 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 30 g
- Sodium 1440 mg
- Potassium* 350 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 tsp / 5 mL olive oil
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup / 90 g Burnbrae Farms Liquid Egg Whites, well shaken
- Burnbrae Farms Liquid Egg Whites, well shaken
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- each salt and pepper
- 1 flour tortilla (10-inch/25 cm)
- flour tortilla (10-inch/25 cm)
- 1 1/2 oz / 45 g smoked cheese such as Oka, Gouda or Cheddar, grated
- smoked cheese such as Oka, Gouda or Cheddar, grated
- 2 / 20 g slices deli ham or smoked turkey
- slices deli ham or smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL Smoky Pepper Mix (see Advanced Preparation below)
- Smoky Pepper Mix (see Advanced Preparation below)
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Prepared chipotle or ancho pepper mayo (optional)
- Prepared chipotle or ancho pepper mayo (optional)
- Coat an 8-inch (20 cm) skillet with olive oil and heat over medium-low.
- Lightly beat egg whites with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, salt and pepper. Pour into pan. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until set.
- Lay tortilla on work surface; sprinkle with half the cheese and top with omelette. Arrange ham and Smoky Pepper Mix down the centre. Drizzle with mayo (if using) and top with remaining cheese.
- Fold in two sides, overlapping to enclose. Place, seam-side-down, on a flat grill or in a preheated cast iron skillet. Press with a small heavy skillet or weight. Toast, for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Cut in half to serve.
- Alternately toast sandwich in a panini press or sandwich grill.
- Replace egg white omelette above with Prestige IQF Omelettes.
- For advance assembly, scale up to make 12 sandwiches. Wrap well and reserve in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Smoky Pepper Mix:
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL
- olive or vegetable oil
- each large red and yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- large sweet onions, quartered and sliced
- 1/3 cup / 75 mL
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp / 20 mL
- smoked paprika
- 2 tsp / 10 mL
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp / 5 mL
- each salt and pepper
- Sauté peppers and onion in oil in a large, deep skillet or on a flat top until tender and browned. Season with vinegar, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper; toss until well glazed. Cool and reserve in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes about 6 cups (1.5 L) or 12 portions.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.